[Namron] Official or not (it's merely pining for the fjords)

Susan Campbell arspudsmom at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 25 14:39:19 PST 2006

Okay Grimmy  -
  Can I borrow your soap box a little ... thanks.. I know I cut up on the list. I play the devils advocate once in a while. But having been in the situation of most of these officers there is one fact we all seem to forget. This is a VOLUNTEER organization. And as such since this is not a paid position, we need to remember these people have lives other then being there for us. Just because we (okay some of us lol) pay our membership to the SCA inc. doesn't mean these people are available to us 24/7, 365. Most officers never hear in the term they are in office the simple phrase... "thank you." or " you are doing such a good job" most of the time they are smeared (and not in chocolate), back stabbed, dumped on, and in tern they burnout and never want to take a position again. (OH man that sounds familiar) I have even seen some drop completely out of the hobby of ours because of the stress the rest of us seem to cause. So Rome wasn't built in a day. The next time you see your Local
 baronial officer, pat them on the back, hand them a brew, a cookie, a sandwich, (get the hint) and let them know how much you appreciate them. You will be more remembered for that then the griping you do today, and you might get somewhere when you ask for something.

  Here Grimmy - have your soap box back -
  Ldy Susannah

  Since you have chosen to single out the Herald, I feel the need to respond.  You wrote me an email that I did indeed miss although I have since talked to you about the subject in question, but it was 6 MONTHS AGO.  Other than _______________________________________________
Namron mailing list
Namron at ansteorra.org