[Namron] Meeting places

Susan Adkins susanmomof2 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 22 19:17:10 PST 2006

Is there any reason the Barony can't afford the pavilion at Andrew's park?

  Approx 50$ a meeting or 100$ a month for approximately four months which (not including deposit) would be 400$
  The Barony does have a rather large amount of money in the account currently plus the additional income of an upcoming auction of tables, tents, etc EVEN with an event in the near future

  Med Faire is the big recruiment time. Newbies more than likely aren't going to want to play the "where's Populace being held" game
  I don't really want to play that game esp since the location of populace was announced the day of populas meeting.

  Agnese
  Brad Stanley <vortmax at cox.net> wrote:
  OK, time for some clarifications (most of which were made at the
Populace meeting Tuesday):

1) I said we were "pencilled in" for Denny's. That does not me we
*are* meeting at Denny's. I only reserved the room before someone
else did (as was the case at *every* facility I called before last
night's Populace meeting).

2) In my original post, I said "free providing that people order
food." I apologize for not being more clear and leading some to jump
to conclusions. When I said "people," I meant "enough that the wait
staff assigned to the room are compensated for their time." The
Denny's manager stated to me that the room is free as long as her
waiters "are taken care of." I asked for clarification, and she said
as long as most people order and tip as they normally would.

3) I asked for suggestions and assistance in finding possible meeting
locations for future Populace meetings at the Feb. 1 Populace
meeting. I pursued several possibilities mentioned at that Populace
meeting myself, but every one of them was either booked or over $50
to rent. I received no suggestions after that Populace meeting to
pursue. Therefore I personally reserved the facility at Andrews once
more for last night's populace meeting.

Last night I renewed my plea. I have received feedback from two
individuals regarding the places they mentioned last night. One is
available Wednesday but not the third Tuesday (Boy Scouts and
basketball have it that night), and the other is $50/hour. I thank
these individuals for their assistance (you know who you are) and
humbly request that if anyone else has an idea, please let me know.
Better yet, please inquire yourself so I can take immediate action
should it be feasible.

I have placed a call to the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship and am
awaiting a return call from the individual responsible for reserving
the facility as I type this. I will try to reserve this facility for
the next two Populace meetings. If I cannot obtain this facility for
both meetings, then I will obviously have to pursue other options. I
want to reserve a space by Friday at the latest so I can get a timely
notice to everyone.

If you have any objections to this, please let me know. Better yet,
please think about options that you may know about. Even better:
follow up with these options and let me know the details. Your
efforts aren't just assisting me, they help the whole Barony.

---
Lord Thomas of Weathshear
Seneschal Namron
(m.k.a Brad Stanley)

Susan mom to Carl and Brigetta wife to Marc