[Namron] RE:Dead Horse

Isobel de Kirkbryde kirkbryde at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 25 17:32:51 PST 2006

Matthias the Brewer <matthiasthebrewer at cox.net> wrote:              v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}          st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                          HOWEVER, I think we’ve beaten this  dead horse to death and beyond.  We’ve gone way past the point where  we’ve established that some of us perceive a problem to exist. Let’s  quit bitching and wanking about this, and solve the problem.

  I have a suggestion for a couple of the problems.

  I agree that a phone tree should be started and have even offered on  more than one occasion to assist in its formation.  However, that  has been ignored.

  There is a standing Newcomer's meeting on the 2nd Monday of every month  at my home.  Maybe newcomer's can't find populace right now  because it is moving around, but my house isn't.

  Now, a gripe of my own.  I have offered several times to assist  with in areas where I thought I could help.   I have a hard  time getting officers to respond, too.  Most of my offers to  assist the Barony don't get a yes or a no, but are just ignored.

  1.  One issue took a year to get a response and then only with an  ultimatum did I get an interim response.  It's back on hold  again.

  2.  Newcomer's meeting I just started and even without much  support, I keep plodding along.  In case anyone wants to know we  did have 2 new people attend last month.

  3.  Another suggestion went into the black hole almost 2  years.  I stil have no response -- no "yes", no "no", and not even  a kiss my what. w/o a response.

  4.  As I mentioned above, I offered to start a telephone calling  tree but have not been blesssed with the list of the populace or any  way to start it.

  I also wish I knew what it takes to get a response to offers to help in  thei Barony.  Emails, direct face-to-face conversation, and  telephone calls have netted nothing.  I have even relied upon the  respect and "rank" of my husband to no avail.

  I wanted to play in the SCA for over 20 years.  I have to admit, being on the inside, it is a whole new ball game.

  Lady Isobel

  P.S. Annais, will you please call me again?  I don't have a number to return your call. 364-0270.

  Lady Isobel