[Namron] rookie question

Barat barat at cox.net
Sun Feb 26 13:14:27 PST 2006

This may be bad news.

Yeast, when fermenting, simply makes the mead cloudy (plus producing
CO2).

If you see ropey, mucus like stuff this may very well be a bacterial
infection.

Leave it alone for several days and then pull the the cork/airlock
and smell it. If it as a slightly acidic yeasty smell all is well. If
it has a foul smell then it most likely has a bacterial infection.

H.L. Barat FitzWalter Reynolds
M.K.A. Stephen Pursley
Barony of Namron
Kingdom of Ansteorra