[Namron] Reopening ' The Name-a-Pook ' Competition

Susan Campbell arspudsmom at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 18:48:42 PST 2006

Okay  folks yes I am a sick sick woman... ( and you were just now figuring this out?!?) I being a firm believer in the Deity of google ( all hail google) went on a search to find the deeper meaning of Pookie. ( Yes you too can go on this quest) Its amazing that I found not only was he a lovable Stuffie on the cartoon Garfield, but some more even amazing facts....

  1) There are a multitude of pets named pookie and their owners are extremely proud of them. Proud enough to make them the star of their web pages and post pictures of the adorable darlings.

  2) In the year of our lord, 1977 there was a choreographer, Ms. Freddie Savarick who created a dance called the pookie.( ok so she was a New Yorker) The Meter is 4/4,Formation: Dancers facing the head of hall.(and it goes like this...           HUSTLE: Bend knees and snap fingers on ct 2 and ct 4 of meas 1, and ct 4 of meas 2 for a "discotheque" flavor.   SAMBA: Bring hands fwd with elbows bent on ct 1 and swing bent elbows bwd on ct 2. Repeat "flying" action on cts 3 and 4.   CHUGS: In addition to extending L arm fwd on the jazz-style "chug," also extend the R leg bwd in air on ct 3. On cts 3,&,4 of meas 2, give these three steps a "cha cha" styling with hip movements.   BUMP: On the "hustler" bump of ct 4, place L hand on L hip and hold R hand up in back with index finger extended. A "cha cha" styling may also be added to cts 3,&,4 of meas 2.

  3) There is another yet amazing creation named the pookie. It is a rock-it pocket, and for those of you who just had your mind in the gutter, its a lacrosse stick header.

  4) I also found a muffin recipe from the Lanier Bed and Breakfast called the Pookie Muffin. It contains apples, carrots, coconuts, and dates ( remind you of any song? I love bananas coconuts and dates,,, that's why they call me.. Tarzan of the apes...)

  and yet one more oddity named for Pookie -

  A Pookie flavoured coloured balm -  Again you all in the gutter.. its bubble gum flavored and I don't even want to know....

  And then you have the Book of Pookie, the sacred text of wisdom of pookietarians.... Yes folks this is an actual class. MCSE03 the book contains 16 chapters and it is interactive!!  It was "Discovered in Acient Mesopotamia, this collection of tablets written in a language that scholars suggest may pre-date cuneiform has become the guiding principle and philosophy for the Pookietarians. Composed of thousands of clay tablets, the book of Pookie is in need of translation,..."

  Just had to share the knowlege! Maybe Bubba can work out the pookie dance steps and give us a demo the next time he is in town!
  Yours in Service -

  Ldy Susannah Blackthorne
  AOA, APF