[Namron] Fwd: [NR] Gulf Wars XV

Owen owenstott at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 20:22:54 PST 2006

April Chipman <agillilan at swbell.net> wrote:  From: "April Chipman" <agillilan at swbell.net>
To: <northern at ansteorra.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 18:12:17 -0600
Subject: [NR] Gulf Wars XV

    It's only two months away!   Have you pre-registered yet?   Now is the time to start on the new garb or fixing up your armor, don't wait until the last minute!

  I will be the Northern Region land coordinator this year at Gulf Wars.  I am currently seeking representatives from each group in the North to collate the information for their group and send it to me so that I may get everything ready for the whole region.  If you are interested in the position, please speak with your seneschal and/or baron and baroness and start gathering data!

  If you haven't heard by now, things are different this year at Gulf Wars. The most important difference is that Trimaris is our ally! If you see a blue triskelion, don't kill it!  :)

  Also, some recent changes have been made to pre-registration.  If you are going to pre-register by mail, you still have to have your form and money in the mail and post dated NO LATER THAN JAN 31st. No exceptions on this, so anything post dated Feb 1st and later is no good.  But---- if you pre-register online through the ACCEPS system you have until 11:59pm CST on Feb 15th to register.  No exceptions on this either so 12:00am Feb 16th is no good.  This is to help promote using ACCEPS because it is much faster to gather and sort data through (spelling of names, list of groups etc) then hand typing in all the mailed pre-registrations which takes considerable time.  Other than that all pre-registration is exactly the same.

  Secondly, the site will be opening up on Sunday this year instead on Monday.  That is right, war is starting a day earlier!

  Just like last year
.NO GHOST CAMPERS.  This means that you can not pre-register a fake person for extra land.  If the person is not real, physical, breathing
you get the idea, do not pre-register them. They will not be accounted for and it is just a waste of your money.  So no "Joe Bob the stuffed bear", or anything like that.

  The representatives from each group will need to send me the following information for each and every person, and it needs to match what they filled out on the pre-registration form either by snail mail or by using the ACCEPS online pre-registration:
  SCA Name
  Mundane Name
  Group Camping with (not from)
  Tent size (length and width)

  Addendums:
  I)  If someone in the group is from Ansteorra but will be camping out of kingdom - still get their information and send it to me, just make a note that they will not be camping in Ansteorran land.
  II)  If someone is from one group but camping with a another group - still get their information and send it to me, just make a note as to which group they will be camping with.
  III)  If you know someone is from out of kingdom and will be camping in our kingdom get their information if you can.
  IV)  If you are from Ansteorra but have your own permanent land - we would still like to have your information.

  If you have actually read this far, please whistle loudly and forward this entire message to your local group's e-mail list. I hope to see many of you at war!

  HL Gilyan Clonmacnoise
  NR Land Coordinator, GW XV

Lozengy,argent and vert,a dexter tierce indented azure.