[Namron] Actual Question

Grimmie ldgrimhun at cox.net
Mon Jan 30 08:34:46 PST 2006

Throughout history, crowns, coronets, and circlets have been a very visible symbol of the rank that someone holds. Within the SCA there are particular "sumptuary laws" that distinguish the style and form of regalia and associated embellishments which are customary for specific honors. Some, but not all, of these conventions are subject to regional variation. Work closely with your clients to make sure that their regalia is appropriate as well as beautiful.

Quote from
ANSTEORRAN
KINGDOM LAW
January 2006
SECTION 3 : COURTS OF THE REALM
ARTICLE IX : CORONET SUMPTUARY LAWS
Section 5 : Baronial Coronets
A. All barons and baronesses have the right to wear one of the following as a
sign of their rank:
1. Flat-topped coronets may have 6 to 12 spherical projections of no more
than ½ inch diameter extending from the top of the coronet. It is
recommended that flat-topped baronial coronets be made clearly wider
than fillets.
2. Engrailed coronets may have up to six points or projections, which may
be surmounted by spherical projections of no more than ½ inch diameter.
The line of the coronet between points must be smoothly concave, in order
to clearly distinguish them from county coronets.
B. Territorial barons and baronesses have the exclusive right to wear baronial
coronets decorated with the arms, ensign, or badge of their barony. A laurel
wreath may only be included as part of the arms of the barony. A baronial
coronet should not have the personal insignia of the baron or baroness, since it
is not a personal coronet, but one that represents the barony.
C. Former territorial barons and baronesses of Ansteorra may display an
Ansteorran Star on their baronial coronets.
D. Court barons and baronesses have the right to wear standard baronial coronets,
as long as the decorations do not violate existing sumptuary laws.

Looks like 2.25"

Grimmie
Photos
http://www.dragonsjewels.com/