[Namron] Letter of Intent

Vanessa contessavanessa at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 17:36:47 PDT 2006

Greetings unto Their Stellar Majesties,

I, Contessa Vanessa de Verona, do wish to announce my
intent to be considered for the position of the next
Baroness of Namron.

I realize that this position is a "job" with many
duties and responsibilities.  That by these words, I
am committing myself fully to both the Barony and the
Crown.  I do not make such a statement lightly but
after much soul searching, I feel that my heart and
mind are both prepaired to take on such a task.

As Baroness, I would hope to lead by example in
encouraging both new and old members alike to be part
of the group's future.  By working together as a
family, we can build towards a better tomorrow.

I first joined the SCA in 1982 in the Barony of
Namron. I have moved away and returned.  They say in
Namron that once you have been part of the Barony, you
will always return.

I am a current member and my membership number is
91328.

I have held the offices in Namron as A&S officer, MOC
and Rapier Marshal.  I have autocrated events several
times including both Protectorate and Beltaine along
with running the tavern and helping with many feasts.
I have received both a Torsad of Namron and the Heart
of the Sable Storm for service as well as my spoon for
feeding the Barony.

Mundanely, I am a paper pusher.  Yes, that is office
work.  However in the past, I have held many different
types of jobs including teaching both adults and
children.  I was graduated from the University of
Oklahoma in 1982.

Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to be
considered for the position of Baroness of Namron.

In service to the Dream,

Contessa Vanessa de Verona

Valerie Henderson
911 Iowa