[Namron] Service Animals & Summer Reading

Samarrah bint Annaan samarrah_bint_annaan at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 07:12:11 PDT 2006

If you're reading this, I assume you've taken note of
the subject line, "Service Animals & Summer Reading",
and I'll bet you're asking yourself HOW does one
relate to the other, and how would any of it relate to
the SCA?  Well, here's something of an answer couched
in the form of a request...

As most of you know, mundanely I am the librarian of
the Maysville Public Library.  As such, I provide a
summer reading program for the children in our
community and one for our teens.  This year's
childrens programs will feature ANIMALS!  Some of you
may remember that last year we featured the Glorious
Middle Ages, and, as I did last year, I am once
again,in the words of Ringo Starr, seeking "a little
help from my friends".

On Wednesday, July 5th, I'm presenting a program about
"Animal Heroes" to my elementary and preschool
readers.  I've got a police dog that is supposed to be
coming with his handler to talk about their work, but
I'd also like to have someone with a service dog come
talk about how their dog helps them in daily life...to
me just as much an animal hero as the rescue dogs and
such.

With that in mind, I'm putting out a service call
throughout the barony and beyond for any who would be
willing to share their story and introduce thier own
Animal Hero to our kids the afternoon of July 5th.

If you don't have a service animal, but would still
like to be a part of our reading program as either a
presenter, special guest, to loan items for display,
or just give me some good ideas, the programs are as
follows:
           CHILDREN'S READING PROGRAM
6th grade and under (tuesdays except for the 4th of
July)
     6/6   The Perfect Pet For Me
     6/13  Farm Friends ( I have a baby lamb coming
for kids to bottle feed.  Would love to have any other
baby farm animals)
     6/20  Monkey Business
     6/27  Movie Matinee
     7/5   Animal Heroes (rescue and service animals
to visit)
     7/11  Just Horsin' around (may have a foal or
colt to visit)
     7/18  Fabulous Frogs (I KNOW Namron should have
some ideas to help for that one!)
     7/25  Movie Matinee

              TEEN'S PROGRAM

<DIV>
<DIV>Lady Samarrah bint Annaan, Princess of Pie Procurement, Den Mother of Pukhta Lovvek University, Mother to Michaella the Merguard and Billy the Mortally Mundane,wife to her beloved Rouda Bjorn Wilhelmson, The Iron Bear of Bjornsstead</div>
<DIV> </div>
<DIV>God be with you in every pass. Jesus be with you on every hill.</div> <DIV>Spirit be with you in every stream, headland, ridge and law,</div><DIV>each sea and land, each moor and meadow, lying down and rising up,</div> <DIV>in the trough of the waves or on the crest of the billow.</div><DIV> Each step of the journey you go, go with God.</div>
<DIV> </div>
<DIV> </div></div>