[Namron] Baronial Succession

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Wed Jun 7 23:33:55 PDT 2006

Good people of Namron and Skorragarđr:

At the Baronial Populace Meeting this evening, Her Excellency and I
announced that we will be stepping down as your baron and baroness at
Protectorate this year.

These past several years have been a great joy to us, but my back has
never fully recovered from surgery and I find myself aggravating it as
fast as it heals.  We've given this careful thought and see right now as
a perfect time to do this.  Despite both groups hosting a event in the
past few months, normally a stressful thing, it has been relatively
peaceful.  The Barony and the Canton have many recent successes behind
them and new officers who will be experienced by the time the Baronial
Succession takes place.  Please understand that us stepping down now is
a sign that the group is doing well, as we would not do so if it were
not.

We will be at upcoming meetings to discuss this, but there are a few
things we should cover here as a start.

*** Candidates must have a letter of intent in to the Crown and Heirs by
July 15th. (We can help you with the format.)

*** People from both Namron and Skorragarđr are welcome to be candidates
for this position.

*** Members from Skorragarđr are considered members of the barony.

*** The polling will take place at a Baronial Populace Meeting in Norman
in a few months.  The Kingdom Seneschal is the only one to grant
exceptions to this, and only in the case of overwhelmingly compelling
reasons.

*** You do not have to be a paid member to take part in the polling. (It
may carry more weight, though.  We don't know.)

*** You do not have to be a resident of the appropriate zipcodes to take
part in the polling. (Though, again, it will carry more weight, we
believe.)

*** Opinion Poll Forms will be available through your newsletter, at
meetings, and by mail.

*** The polling is not a vote.  It is one of many guides the Crown will
use to make this choice.  They will also interview candidates at Round
Table and Gothic War.  The final selection is Their decision.

*** The results of the polling will *not* be made known to anyone.  Not
us, not the new Baron and Baroness, not Mistress Such-n-such or Sir
So-and-so.  If anyone says they know the results, they're wrong.

*** Her Excellency and I are stepping down for our own reasons, at our
own time.  If anyone tries to tell you we are being removed, they're
wrong.

*** There will be a timeline and guidelines posted soon.  We have to
finish the final draft exchange.

*** Any attempt to start some foolhardy campaign to discredit potential
candidates will not only backfire but be dealt with harshly by us.

We will be available by phone, email, regular mail, and face-to-face if
any have questions.

The Kingdom Seneschal urges people to try to avoid candidate discussion
on the list.  If you have questions for them, ask them off list or in
person.  Talking about the ceremonies and such are fine.

We are stepping down but not going away.  We will still be very active
in both groups and around the kingdom, possibly holding offices or
helping to run events.

Unless large meteors fall on us from the sky, we should be at the next
several meetings and practices to discuss this further.

Ulf and Maleah
Baron and Baroness of Namron
Lord and Lady of Skorragarđr