[Namron] Regional Practice update.

Terry Daniels tldaniels_1 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 14:09:09 PDT 2006

  Sorry guys I did leave out a little bit of info. on the practice,  as some
of you have noticed,  I would have corrected this oversight sooner but I can
only get online during the weekdays.   The PRACTICE IS AT 2:00 PM  AT REEVES
PARK.  (the same place as last pop meeting, and our normally schedule
fighter practice -- more on this later).

As for RUNNING WATER for the pot luck, and to hydrate the fighters.  I
checked with Norman, Parks and Rec.   (who was it this weekend that told me
to beware the city of Norman!!!! )   They will not turn on the water for us.
  So the closest water is about 150 yards into the park, just down the road.
  They (the city) told me that those are on because if someone leaves one of
them on there is a ditch for it to drain into and would not flood the park.
So we will need a cart or two to carry the water to the field.

  I have confirmed with his excellancy that the COMBAT ARCHERS are allowed
to work there craft at Reeves park.  So you cambat archers dust off your
armor and your combat arrows and come on out also.

I had heard this before but had forgotten about it.  We are not allowed to
drive any stakes into the ground at the park because of buried power and
water lines.  (They mark them for us before the mideval fair and some
merchants have to us sand bags)   I don't know if the barony has any free
standing pavilions or not.  If we do we will have to use them.  If not,  I'm
sure someone (or two) would have one that we could use as a place to put the
food and water stuff.  ????

I have a question of all the FIGHTERS.  On Sunday following the Regional
Practice (which is on Saturday)  how many of you would still be interested
in having our regularly scheduled practice??  This way the ones who could
not make it Saturday could still possibly come out Sunday, and those of us
that would like some more can come back out also.   There will be no food at
the regularly scheduled practice, unless you bring your own,  but there will
be hydrating fluids available.

I can probably supply some ice.  and I have two ice chests that we can use.

Lord Terrance Daniel