[Namron] 500 words

george basore murray_kinsman at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 25 22:19:57 PDT 2006

  Well said, oh, Grand and Exaulted Pookmeister!

Pooky, my friend, I agree, we should emphasize ALL
facets of this lovely Dream to its heirs!
  Where do we get our next generation of Bards?
Without them, who shall memorialize the great
triumphs?

  In October, the barony of Bjornsborg will host a
competition.
  But, Lo! 'Tis more than mastery of sticks needed to
win the day.
  Each applicant must submit a letter of intent,
andwill gain or lose points over the quality of said
letter.
  Each applicant MUST be sponsored by an artisan,who
must send an example of their work, prepared for this
occasion.
  They will be judged on quality and accuracy of their
garb and persona.
  Also, on how well they remain "In Persona"
throughout the day.

  There is, and MUST be, more to this than fighting.
The Medieval period was full of SO much for us
tore-learn. fighting skills, yes, but what good is it
to learn only the fighting in a Society  that
Memorializes the Chivalry associated with the period?
  There needs to be a renewed effort to bring the next
generation of SCAdcians into contact with the rest of
the Middle Ages.
  In Period  cooking competiktions.(of which Namron
IS, and should be, justafiably proud)
  Bardic, not just the titled bard competitions, but
more emphasis on "wandering Minstrel" personas, court
Jesters(praise unto Wormy of Wolfstar, a penultimate
example of his craft), Jugglers, musicians, the whole
gamut of entertainers of their day.

  We all need to reflect on where we want this dream
to be, 25 years from now.  Tjrust me, it will NOT go
there of its own accord.  It will need MOTIVATED,
DEDICATED, VISIONARYS to take it there.
  As you contemplate the next Baronial couple to
ascend Namron, THIS needs to be upermost in your
thoughts, is this the Baron and Baroness who will lead
us where we should be taking this Dream?
  Those are HUGE shoes to try to fill. ULF and MALEAH
have been excellent stewards of the Dream. Two of the
best I have seen, knowne worlde wide.
  Shall the next Baronial couple be as good?  I
certainly hope so.

              Ld High Adm Robert Haddock: Commander in Chief, Ansteorran Royal Navy(By Wind & Wave, This We Shall Defend)
  Cheiftain, Clan Haddock(Clann Abair Cach); Personal bodyguard, Triumvirs of House Lightning Mist  ;
   Shieldbrother to Lord Gunnar of Gunnarsstead; Nightwolf, Head of house-Guild of St. Camillus de Lellis, River's Run Chapter

  Ansteorra expects that we do our duty. You cannot do more, you should never want to do less.
   To do your duty is not to do all that is expected of you, nor is it to do your best. To do your duty is to do everything you can find that needs done, and do it exactly right. Then find more that can be done, and do it, also.