[Namron] Torsade Scroll

sandra goodrich tgnst at swbell.net
Tue Mar 7 12:20:34 PST 2006

Oh my goodness! :-)   Under that caveat the Peerage circles should be ghost towns, as most of the peers I know don't have scrolls to go along with their regalia... A great many of the Royal Family are without scrolls, :-)
  I've done a number of these scrolls for others, but I don't have a scroll for either of my peerages...
  Every decent Scribe in this Kingdom has a backlog...This is an artform that requires skill, time, and monetary outlay for materials, sigh... The weather affects if's creation, huidity, heat, cold, etc... And patience and a calm invironent are iportant... Frame of mind is key, I can't work if I feel unwell, or agitated...And if I for some reason I am not happy with a recipient, well it's best that I put it aside or it 'will' show in the work,:-)...
  My Krigshild is a discarded design I drew up for Owens, that I did the calligraphy on as a warm up and materials test befor I finished Owen's... It's sitting on the desk unpainted and unsigned, :-)
  I've got a painted Fleur blank someone else painted, never got around to doing anything with, :-)...
  There's a decent number of people who didn't get a painted charter with their Kingdom awards, there's even a Kingdom Scribal deputy to handle this issue, :-)
  The most important thing is that that the heralds file their court reports so that the award data is added to the OP, The Crown signs the official court reports so you are bonified even without a 'scroll' in hand, unless the heralds drop the ball and a proper signed document is not given to the Kingdom herald in charge of keeping the OP to list, and that's a whole new can of worms where having the 'scroll' is the best fix for the problem...
  In the case of non-armigorous Baronial honors, such as the Krigshild, Torsad, and Fluer, the Baronial Herald should be keeping up with the recipients and dates, and in house the regalia has always been proof of issue even without a scroll. :-)... I'd hate to see anyone caught wearing Namron regalia not properly issued, oh my... 'Stacia, scribal Laurel with a backlog and health issues, sigh...

Duncan MacNamara <sca_macnamara at yahoo.com> wrote:
    Greetings!

  To the Baron, Baroness, Senschal, Herald, or any and all parties who have to authorize the production of a scroll that's already been "read into law".

  This is your semi-annual reminder that I still haven't received the scroll which accompanies the Torsade I recieved at Axeman I in 2004. I would really, really like to be able to hang it with my Lady Wife and I's other awards scrolls. I am willing to meet in the middle, so to speak, as to take the workload off the Namron Scribes, if I could but get a signed blank that's been properly filled out. I would be willing to paint it myself! I just want the paper... as Her Excellency so eloquently pointed out at Populace, every award is required to have the correlating paper to go with the regailia. Now, I wear the Torsade upon my belt, as I am proud to have this award! But I do not have the paper to go along with it.

  My only o! ther option would be to fabricate one from scratch (freehand) myself, paint it, fill it out, and present it to their Excellencies to sign.

  Unless, of course, this award has been stricken from my record. In which case I would need to return the regailia.

  I apologize for the tone of this missive, but 2 years now of reminders and waiting is starting to chafe.

  Thanks!

  Lord Duncan MacNamara
  Admiral of the Ansteorran Royal Navy
  Captain of the HMS Iron Lotus