[Namron] Torsade Scroll

Susan Campbell arspudsmom at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 12:32:44 PST 2006

Matthias -
  Its like the old personna time warp, except this is multi tasked ranking.. lol
  Ldy Susannah....
  Are you still sure we couldn't intrest you in any of the fine women we can scare up for your consideration.. The one in the pie was just a sample of what we have... heheheheeh

Matthias the Brewer <matthiasthebrewer at cox.net> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                I’ve always been under the impression that Captain and Admiral were separate and distinct ranks.  Maybe it’s my military background, but I have trouble seeing someone as being both Captain and Admiral.  To my way of thinking, that is the same as being both a Private and a Corporal.  I’ve always seen an Admiral as commanding a number of ships, where each ship has a Captain.  The Admiral would control the “big picture” while the Captains controlled everything on the ship.  An Admiral commanding a ship would either a VERY unusual situation or an insult to the Admiral.  And when you throw in Commodore (which is between Admiral and Captain), things get even more confusing.  Any of these three ranks would control multiple ships.  But being both Admiral and Captain, while
 reporting to a Commodore, is contradictory.

  I know that this pattern of rank has been in place for hundreds of years, but I honestly couldn’t say when it started, or even if this rank structure is at all period.

  I guess I should have stopped to consider that this is the SCA, where the unusual is the norm.  And being a Captain as a head of household is something completely outside of what I’d considered.

  I’m not trying to cause trouble on this.  I just have trouble making your ranks work within the rank structure as I know.