[Namron] Off Topic School Related Request with explanation...

Samarrah bint Annaan samarrah_bint_annaan at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 28 08:42:51 PST 2006

I will have them at med fair ready for you to pick up.

Thank you kindly for your donation to the future of
the Maysville Band!!!!

WE WUV U

--- Susan Adkins <susanmomof2 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> 2 please, Agnese
>
> Samarrah bint Annaan
> <samarrah_bint_annaan at yahoo.com> wrote:  Greetings
> All!
>
> This is completely NON SCA related, but please
> indulge
> me for a moment or two as it is a noble deed I seek.
>
> As many of you may know, I have two children who
> were
> both VERY active in their school's extra curricular
> events. Both were in athletics...but even better,
> both were proud band geeks! (I am a proud and every
> geekier band mom!).
>
> My daughter has gone on to college and I no longer
> have to participate in the multitude of fundraisers
> that her high school life required. HOWEVER, My son
> Billy is a senior this year, and while I've avoided
> most of the fundraising frenzy there is one going on
> now that I MUST share with you all.
>
> Our High School Band has less than 30 students in
> it.
> Of those 30, only four...yes I said FOUR, are high
> school students. Two of those are Seniors, the other
> two are Sophomores. The majority of our High School
> band are 7th and 8th graders. Yet, when they go to
> competitions, they are usually competing against
> full
> high school bands. Junior High Bands have thier own
> division. Our school blends Jr & Sr. High in one
> building due to it's small population.
>
> That being said, our band continues to blow away the
> competition in our devision at every contest we go
> to.
> We took Konowa in our devision, made it to the
> finals
> at Ardmore, and made STATE CHAMPS in MARCHING!!!
>
> We are in concert band season now and are steadily
> triumphing again in every contest we go to, making
> straight "1's" (the best score you can recieve) on
> performance and on sight reading. (Sight reading is
> where the entire band is given a peice of music
> they've never seen before, are allowed 5 minutes to
> look it over and ask their directer questions and
> then
> must play cold, without pracite, in one sitting.
>
> Due to their excellent performances and dedication
> their band, our school is going to the State
> Championship Concert Band Contest in Stillwater on
> the
> 18th of April. As we are the smallest band in the
> smallest division, we will be one of the first bands
> playing early in the morning. If we were to leave
> Maysville that day, the kids would have to be up by
> 4
> a.m. and leaving by 5 to make it in time. they'd be
> worn out and tired and wouldn't be able to do their
> best. ....Here comes the fundraising part...
>
> The band director would like to leave on the 17th
> and
> have the kids stay at a hotel (along with
> chapperones)
> in Stillwater so that they will be well rested and
> [...]

<DIV>
<DIV>Lady Samarrah bint Annaan, Princess of Pie Procurement, Den Mother of Puhka Lovr University, Mother to Michaella the Merguard and Billy the Mortally Mundane,wife to her beloved Rouda Bjorn Wilhelmson, The Iron Bear of Bjornsstead</div>
<DIV> </div>
<DIV>God be with you in every pass. Jesus be with you on every hill.</div> <DIV>Spirit be with you in every stream, headland, ridge and law,</div><DIV>each sea and land, each moor and meadow, lying down and rising up,</div> <DIV>in the trough of the waves or on the crest of the billow.</div><DIV> Each step of the journey you go, go with God.</div>
<DIV> </div>
<DIV> </div></div>