[Namron] On attending local events...(was Eldern)...

Aline Swynbrook alineswynbrook at yahoo.com
Mon May 22 18:43:43 PDT 2006

I think a lot of us would like to attend more events.
However, as you pointed out, life issues get in the
way.

For example, my first year of law school at OU, I
attendedL Mooneschadowe Guardian, Namron Protectorate,
Three Kings, Blood of Heroes, Winterkingdom, Northern
Regional War Rally, GW XIV, and Castellan.  My
collective GPA- 2.2

This fall, I attended Guardian, Yule, and
Winterkingdom.  My GPA- 2.9.  As a student (especially
a law student), I have to take study time into
consideration.  This often means no events during
finals times.  It also means many of us are moving
between April and August.

Our heavy eventing season also tends to run from GW-
Thanksgiving here in the North.  Unfortunately, that
coordinates with heavy wedding season.  I am going to
my second one in as many weeks on Saturday.  Often,
when faced with a friends wedding or an event, I feel
compelled to go to the wedding, even if the event will
be more fun.

That said, I don't always wait for formal events to
see friends.  Some of the best ways to do this are
informal revels and get togethers, A&S nights, dance
nights, or other activities to visit with friends.
The more of these that get organized, the more you get
to see people.  I highly recommend them.

Aline