[Namron] Fair Weather Friends

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Thu May 4 14:20:55 PDT 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 02:10:21PM -0700, Samarrah bint Annaan wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> Has anyone checked the forcast for the weekend.  Do we
> have any contingencies if the heavens burst forth with
> thunder and lightning...

The forecast for Saturday appears to be 40-60% probability of rain. As a
storm spotter, I tend to follow the forecasts and current weather rather
more closely than most.

Now, that just means that, for any given spot in the area for which rain is
forecast, the probability that that spot will get rain Saturday is 40-60%.
It doesn't say anything about _how_ _much_ rain, or when, or anything else.

We'll have a better idea when we look at the radar displays Friday night
and/or Saturday morning. Lady Isobel and I will have our hopelessly mundane
handy-talkies and mobile ham radio transceiver, and will be able to pick up
the NWS forecasts, watches, warnings, etc., as they are issued. Not, mind
you, that we'll turn the radios on unless the weather looks like it might
turn nasty.

One pretty good contingency plan, should the clouds burst, is to head for
the GP Medium. I hope none of the contingency plans have to be activated.

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO