[Namron] Boffer & Plastic Armor

Siren Song sirensong13 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 13:38:45 PST 2006

Pooky,

I need to get my cousin suited up and carded but he really wants to boffa. I told Contessa I would get auth to Marshal but I dono when or where... It will prolly be at least mid december or the start of Jan before I can do much though.

Siobhan

Lord Pooky <lord_pooky at hotmail.com> wrote: Hello Parents or Legal Guardians,

I have a niece in the 10-12 year old range (average sized preteen Dutch
Giant) that is fully armored for boffer.
She is way stoked and wantin' to practice and play.
If you get your youngers carded and armor ready,  please let ME know and
we'll get them together to Boffer.

Maybe Syr Owen knows if a boffer marshal is necessary for children's boffer
practices.

FYI ~ I think Countess Contessa Vanessa is the northern regional boffer
marshal and She is on the Namron E-List.

I have 3 extra Boffer swords made. 2 if 10-11 year olds may play
floren-preteen.

Ok Thank You,
Pooky

206-1227 Holla'

>From: syr_owen at nordsteorra.org
>To: SkorragardrVirtualSkald at yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [SkorragardrVirtualSkald] Plastic Armor
>Date: Thu,  9 Nov 2006 08:41:58 -0600
>
>Bore da,
>
>I can haul them down to you I have a suburban and can probably pack 14
>barrels
>maybe more into my car. Depending on what you want to make I would suggest
>at
>least two barrels for yourself.
>
>Here are the rules for 10-12 youth chivalric
>B. Youth Boffer Division: Age 10–12 years
>1. Minimum Required Armor
>a. Head – Marshallate-approved helm with face protection. Helmets with wire
>facemasks from sports such as hockey and lacrosse are acceptable. Chinstrap
>is
>required. Spacing on helm bars should be adequate to prevent boffer from
>hitting
>face. A camail, coif, or equivalent is required to prevent access to neck
>or
>throat.
>b. Neck – Lightweight gorget covering the larynx and cervical spine is
>required.
>Minimum of light leather.
>c. Torso – Must be covered by shirt, tunic, bodice, etc. Kidney protection
>is
>not required.
>Sternum and xiphoid protection is not required. For females: As a girl
>matures, she
>must also have adequate breast protection, e.g. quilted material tunic,
>light
>leather or
>equivalent.
>d. Arms – Long sleeves are required. Minimum of lightweight cloth. Light
>gloves are
>required for hands. Elbow joint protection is required. Minimum of soft
>elbow
>pads.
>e. Legs – Long pants, or sweats required. Minimum of lightweight cloth.
>Sturdy
>shoes
>are required. No open-toed shoes or sandals. Knee joint protection is
>required.
>Minimum of soft knee pads.
>f. Groin – Minimum protection is sports cup, padded skirt, or equivalent.
>2. Recommended Armor
>a. Mouthpiece is recommended. Leather or plastic half-gauntlets and leather
>or
>plastic
>covered elbow and knee pads are recommended.
>3. Weapon Standards
>a. Schedule 40 PVC is considered the standard base material for boffer
>construction.
>The marshallate will consider other equivalent materials for construction
>(such as
>CPVC, Schedule 80 PVC, or Siloflex) on a case by case basis. The standard
>non-thrusting
>type weapon must consist of:
> [...]

It's not the color of the Text but how you use it.