[Namron] Helping others Vs Slinging Mudd

Siren Song sirensong13 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 17 15:35:59 PDT 2006

  First off, other than issues with ADA violations I rather enjoyed the campsite. It was not over run with bugs, I did not suffer a single mosquito bite, there were showers and real toilets that had paper in them all weekend, running water, and plenty of shade.

  I know nothing of the money issues. That’s not my gig.

  I honestly have little care where we hold the event so long as it is fun and local.

 That is what we are here for correct? Fun?

  No site is going to make 100% of the people happy. Wouldn’t that be a wonderful world?

  The best we can do is accommodate the majority and keep it legal.

  Not every "event" can be held at every event. I for one would have LOVED to have had archery but it wasn’t possible. shrug such is life. If it came down to my Mom’s ability to navigate the site versus my archery I’d rather fall on the side of people. Same goes for forgoing pets, horses, thrown weapons, etc. in lue of people.

  My volunteering to help work on Camp Cimerron was in no way a slight on the autocrats choice of site or any future dealing with the site. I just thought it would be nice to help Chass out and to assist in making the camp a safer and nicer place for the CHILDREN who will use it in the future. If you don’t want to help don’t. No one will expect you to or make you. Helping others is good for the soul and good Public Relations for the SCA as a whole. If we want the community to support us we need to support them too.

  It’s too bad that  Chass offer of helping has turned into mud slinging.

It's not the color of the Text but how you use it.