[Namron] A "short" Story

Susan Campbell arspudsmom at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 8 02:09:17 PDT 2006

For behold a Mystery, For it came to pass that a question was placed before the populace of a Barony named Namron. As these were strange days and the Baron was perplexed. " Praye heed," Said He." What strange sites are these? For they lay upon the ground and are of color most bright, as bright as the sun?" "What are these strange creatures that run too and fro? Do they carry some strange magic? Are they creatures not yet encountered? Please explain these things to me so that I may be enlightened."

  There being much tossing about as to the origin of these strange orange snakes that lie upon the ground, with funny little heads on either end. There came answers from some -- of the strange orange snakes." They are of Skorrguard, and others say they are of TRIBE." Yet the Baron was not pleased with such answers and so he gathered his populace about him to choose amongst them those that were wise in such matters to for a sub committee in which to seek out an answer. For the Baron had many at his disposal. Some who brewed, some who cooked, some who were handy with bow and arrow, and yet others who were light of feet and heavy with their sword hand. Surely there was someone who could take charge and begin the quest. Of the Seneschal he asked ( who was one that charted the stars and clouds--) but he hath no answer. Of his brewers he asked whose reply came back " Your Excellency, surely we know not. Would thee care for another beer??" Then came Baron Athlestane, who was wise
 in such matters for he had learned the art of taming the strange creatures, and was rightfully so certified. "Your Excellency, " said he," my brother Baron, I will explain to you of these strange creatures so that thee may know and be Enlightened." Thus he did explain, and peace did reign -- if only for such a time as was expected.

  Ok so this should go with the stories of..."There once was a tailor named Levi..."

  Ldy Susannah Blackthorne