[Namron] Camp Ek-O-Weh

Chass Brown chass at allegiance.tv
Tue Oct 17 06:24:06 PDT 2006

Aye I admit I was wrong. But not about what camp Kate is like.
Handicapped Accessibility should be one of the first things taken into
consideration. The B.O.D. is working on guidelines for groups and
choosing accessible sites. You wouldn't believe how many handicapped
people who are refusing to play because of the sites that are chosen
here in the Northern Region. I will use an example but without names. An
event that swears it has to have horses last year.. had 4 horses, and 6
people in wheelchairs. The site sucked and those in chairs were barely
able to get around if at all. People with horses usually travel alone or
as a couple. People in wheelchairs travel with a group, to help them
with their experience. Most of the people in wheelchairs were so
disappointed they swore off the SCA. I have been steadily talking to
them and trying to get them to give it another try. I have been studying
the A.D.A. for the last 3 years to become an A.D.A. inspector so I do
know the law. There are accessible sites out there that are available.

Chass Brown A.K.A.
Charinthalis Del Sans of the portable chariot.
Honorable Recruiter of the House of the Red Shark.
Rear Admiral Northern Region Ansteorran Royal Navy -      Ship the Red
Shark.  Muddeler of Mead