[Namron] Event list

William Herron fitzbubba at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 04:39:24 PDT 2006

> Cutting out any one of these things might result in a few people deciding
> they cannot go.
> Baron Ulfie, ret.

We're going to pick sites that give us the best overall value and try to get
as many of the features we need as we can.  Until I win the lottery and
build us the perfect site that will be all things to all people, we'll have
to do with what we can find.

Does that mean that we're going to pick sites that aren't fully equipped
with accessability features?  Yes, it does.  Just like we'll pick sites that
aren't equipped with equestrian facilities or flush-toilets or electricity
or whatever.  (And air conditioning.  I vote for air conditioning,
especially in August...)

I do not want us to be in a position where we have a site that's capable of
handling hundreds of people, works well for a major Namron event like
Protectorate, and yet we reject it because it's not fully
handicap-accessible.  I'm sorry that has the potential of meaning that
several people can't go to that event.  We may pick a site that's not
equestrian accessible, which means those people don't get to bring their
horses that weekend.  We may pick a site that's not air-conditioned, which
means that Bubba's going to sit there and sweat all weekend, or just not
go.  (I've been spoiled being in New England for almost 10 years now.  I may
never be able to adjust.)

What I am tired of is the bitching and whining.  I don't need to name
names.  You know who you are.  You feel discriminated against, and you feel
like a victim, and everyone is out to get you.  We're not, and we don't know
why you can't see that.

I miss Baroness Mairin.  She would not have put up with this crap.  And she
had the background and experience to go and bitch-slap the "victims" and
tell them they better snap out of it.  I loved to take her with us when we
visited a site because she would get out there in her chair and show me what
was wrong and what we could do about it.  Note the second part of
that..."and what we could do about it".  Pet peeve of mine:  don't sit
around and complain about something if you don't have a solution.  Her
solutions were usually quick, simple, cheap, easy to implement, and
common-sense.

I'm not going to tell anyone they can't play.  And I'm damn well going to
work with anyone who needs help to play.  I think I'm fairly representative
of people in Namron.  No one is saying, sorry, you're handicapped, so you
can't participate...quite the opposite.  There's a lot of time and money and
volunteer effort going into trying to make The Game accessible to everyone.

If you read this and you choose to be offended, fine.  Be offended at me.
Don't assume the entire Barony is out to get you, though.  *I'm* not even
out to get you, but I'd love to get you to understand.

Care,
Bubba