[Namron] Event list

William Herron fitzbubba at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 13:16:53 PDT 2006

> Would you like to see a recent letter to me from the President of the SCA
> showing where the SCA has to comply to the A.D.A.?

You just posted it, so we've all seen it now.

You were obviously dissatisfied with Protectorate and Camp Cimarron.  Did
you contact the Society Seneschal about it?  What was his response?

I had rather take it offlist since I am limited to small responses or await
> the Moderators to clear or delete it at their leisure.

I disagree.  I have this bad habit of turning the lights on and seeing
what's going on in the dark.  I've found that much of the SCA's business
should be conducted in the bright light of a public forum.  Kinda hard for
private letters from corporate officers to get missed when you do that.

Then when you do get it I do expect a response on list from you.

I don't need to wait.  Here's your response now.

So, Chass, what do we need to do?  Are we going to restrict future events to
sites that are ADA compliant?  How compliant do they have to be?  Do we have
to use a site like Roman Nose, even though it's too far outside of our
Barony and we're not going to get a good turnout by using it (and, by the
way, we're going to lose money in the process)?  Does compliance then equal
a position where we have to lose money on every event, or can we have *some*
events at sites that aren't compliant but fit much better financially and in
terms of what we need to accomplish (equestrian champs, etc.)?  And when we
run out of money, does the compliance issue still matter?

When does compliance become a suicide pact for the Barony?

Care,
Bubba