[Namron] Accessible sites

Nancy Peay npeay at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 18 20:04:47 PDT 2006

Just wanted to put my two cents in.....would have done this earlier, but
I've been having computer problems and couldn't post.  I actually made it to
Protectorate, though almost all of you probably didn't see me.  I got a very
late start (had to get a tire repaired, among other things) and had trouble
finding the site, so it was late Friday evening before I got there.  I've
always had trouble clambering around Cimmarron, and this time was even worse
than usual.  The ground there is so uneven, and the roads and paths are in
such bad shape, that it hurts just navigating them.  My bad knees just can't
take it any more.  I tried to get around the site, but I nearly fell twice,
and was in quite a bit of pain.  I realized that what I really wanted to do
was go home to bed, so that's what I did.  Reluctantly, I have to say that
I'm not planning to attend another event held there.  I don't need to drive
for an hour and a half to get to a place where I usually go home hurt.

I don't think trying to make improvements in the site is feasible; there's
just too much to be done.  Besides the rough ground, the buildings tend to
be pretty inaccessible, and I don't think we can build enough ramps to do
much good.  I really think we need to be using a better site.  Some of you
may think I'm being too negative, but I think I'm just being realistic.  I
don't think nostaligia for Cimmarron should blind us to its massive
disadvantages.

I think Lady Anya's idea of compiling information about other possible sites
is a fantastic one.  I'd like to see what other possibilities are out there.

Selva