[Namron] Ramping up Camp Cimarron

Marion Makkingze johnsonds at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 16 17:52:04 PDT 2006

Wiesenfeuer has not used Cimarron in over a year.  Our canton did, but it is
only because they are from Ponca City, and didn't want to drive any further
south.  At this time Wiesenfeuer has no plans to use Cimarron in the future.
Too many other, cheaper, better equipped sites available.  Now don't get me
wrong, I love Cimarron.  I was a camper as a child, and my kids were campers
too.  And I am a member of a group called Friends of Cimarron made up of
past counselors.  This group is trying to help fix up camp, and right now
are trying to raise money to help buy hay for the horses. Part of the
problem is the camp was built in the 1930's, and the newest building (feast
hall) was built in the 70's.  I wish I felt that we could use Cimarron more,
but the problems and the cost keep mounting.
Lady Marion Makkingze
Wiesenfeuer Baronial Reeve
johnsonds at earthlink.net