[Namron] Camp Cimmeron

Siren Song sirensong13 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 20:33:15 PDT 2006

Showers, PLEASE keep the showers.

Siobhan

Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair <donnchadh at cornelius.norman.ok.us> wrote: I can tell you that between the cost, accessibility issues (for the
disabled or otherwise), and just the general condition of the site, we
will probably be using other sites in the future.  When Muriel and I
autocrated Beltane, we went hunting for sites and used Lake Murray.
Beltane doesn't have much in the way of site requirements, but
Protectorate does.  Some issues, like a feast hall, we can work around
using tents.  One issue we have run into with some sites is a place to
do equestrian.  This means more than just allowing horses on site.  I
will leave it to our equestrian marshal, Lady Katyana, to explain
exactly what is needed, but she has already told me that E-Ko-Wah is
usable.  The only problem we had with E-Ko-Wah in the past, was that we
were under the impression that each group would have to have two dry
events there before we could have a wet site.  We have since been
informed that only two dry SCA events among all the groups was needed,
so we will probably be using this site in the future.

We are open to suggestions to new sites.  If it is for Protectorate,
please check with the equestrian marshal to see what requirements they
have.  If you already have done research in to this, please send it our
way.  Something that will have to be discussed with the populace is just
how primitive a site are we comfortable using.  Would we want to use a
site that didn't have showers?  What about a feast hall?  What about a
site that only has running water?  I know it's been done in the past,
the question is do we want to do it in the future.

Yours in Service,
Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair
Baron of Namron

It's not the color of the Text but how you use it.