[Namron] OT: Needing Help Making Pattern for Skirt I saw on eBay...

BardessOfTheSted at aol.com BardessOfTheSted at aol.com
Fri Sep 8 04:12:03 PDT 2006

Greetings All!

Okay, again, off topic, but needing ideas...

I saw a skirt on eBay a lady is offering to make custom that looks really
cute.  She uses tablecloths for the skirts, so it has a wonderful hem that's very
stylish and unique.

I'm debating on whether to bid on her auction or not, OR...To make my own!
But, here is my query...

How do I make a pattern for the tablecloth skirt?  I know my measurements,
but I'm not sure how to make the skirt!  Do I just make a hole in the middle and
use elastic?  Or, do I use a zipper?  Do I need to make a split part of the
tablecloth to make the hole?

Also, should I use a square tablecloth, or is there a way to make a
rectangular one work?  And how big should the tablecloth be?  Anyway...I have no idea
how to get started, or the difficulty level!  LOL

If ANY of you know how I should proceed, PLEASE, give me your input!  I'd
love to hear from you!

Thanks to All!
Ailis