[Namron] The Turnspit Dog

variglog at sbcglobal.net variglog at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 5 16:42:08 PDT 2006

For those not on the Ansteorra Mailing List, a post came down over the past weekend regarding Turnspit Dogs.   Well, curiosity in this case killed the dog as I found the post most educational and humourous to boot.

What is a Turnspit Dog and how does it apply to the SCA?  Take a look....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnspit_Dog

As the poster (Elrique) explained, given some metal and a welding rig, this apparatus should not be too hard to fabricate.  Add a firepit and some meat and we are ready to go.  Now to find a cooperative fleet of suitable dogs.....

Shaking his head and still laughing.

Wolfgang