[Namron] Call to Arms

syr_owen at nordsteorra.org syr_owen at nordsteorra.org
Fri Sep 22 09:52:33 PDT 2006

Here are the directions to the house we will meet at this Sunday. We will
start around 10:30am and go to whenever. We will be working on armour and we
will fight chivalric combat. I am sure if someone brought the stuff they might
find someone to fight Rapier as well. The first time we made a trip to
Chicksha we had over thirty people try on armour and fight and it rained most
of the time we were there. These are good people who are interested in the
what we do so lets show them the best we have to offer.

Syr Owen ap Aeddan

Their houses address is 1707 13th street in Chickasha.

There are two good ways to get to Chickasha from Norman.

The first is to go South out of Norman on I-35 and take the highway 9 West
exit and stay on the turnpike until you reach Chickasha exit 81.  The exit
will pop you out on 4th st.  From there you go North to the corner of 4th and
Grand, there should be a McDonalds on your left and a Braums on your right.
Turn West onto grand and proceed until you get to 13th street.  13th street is
just after The large Baptist church atop the hill and you turn just before the
speed drops to 35mph.  You turn North on 13th and go until you see either an
ElCamino with flames on the front, a van with a sunrise on the back, a
combination of both or the numbers 1707 on the side of a yellow house.

The second way to get to Chickasha its self is to go South on I-35, exit
highway 9, and then exit on the Newcastle Blanchard exit.  There is a
stoplight at the end of the exit at which you turn South.  You will stay
straight on the highway all the way through lovely, scenic Blanchard.  The
highway then cuts across about 18 miles of prairie land before it becomes
Choctaw street in Chickasha.  The major landmarks that will let you know
you've arrived are a Poag grain silo right next to an overpass of peculiarly
steep incline and the county seat building.  You go down two lights to 4th
street and go South to grand and look for 13th street as in option 1.  The
difference between the two is that, the first way is quicker but will cost you
$1.25 in tolls, provided you only have two axels.  If you have need the phone
number of the residence is 222-1039, ask for Gene or Russell.