[Namron] Not Offended

Epperson, Sheryl eppersos at oge.com
Tue Sep 19 09:59:50 PDT 2006

This is in reference to the matter of "private" gatherings being posted
on the mailing list, only.

Caius, in my opinion, announcing any type of gathering on this list,
whether it be a women's sewing night, Black Star labeling party,
backyard cookout, private garage sale, etc., can be considered to be one
of the primary functions of the list.  They promote getting together and
enjoying ourselves in one fashion or another.  I certainly prefer it to
some of the non-SCA related things that have been posted at other times,
or to things which can be very divisive to the group.  If you want to
have a men's only gathering, as far as I care, feel free to post it.
Any gathering can be seen to "shut out" people, if someone wishes to
view it so.  For example, scribal night could be viewed at "shutting
out" or excluding people who cannot hold a paintbrush, archery practice
could exclude those who do not own, or cannot use, a bow, etc, with
other meetings.

No, I don't think private gatherings should be posted on our permanent,
official website, but this list has had many items posted which I have
taken much greater exception to, but not bothered to mention. I can
always delete and/or ignore posts I don't find interesting.

I, also, remember times when facilities were shared.  However, no-one is
refusing to let men sew, just not to attend THIS sewing gathering.
Again, if you wish, hold a men's only sewing night. I view that as the
same as your example of using shower facilities at different times.

Again, these are just my opinions, not anything official to the SCA or
Namron,

Annabelle