[Namron] Newby-Type Dumb Question about Names

muriel at entelesoft.com muriel at entelesoft.com
Tue Apr 10 18:48:23 PDT 2007

David, I knew I liked you.  Since we know where you are, does that mean we
cannot know how fast you are going?

To quote the ancient text of the Book of the History of Namron, also known
as the Gospel of Finnacan (though added to later by others, and various
sects such as the People's Front for the Liberation of Spangs, not to be
confused with the Spang Liberation Front who has an entirely different take,
whoo boy, don't confuse them, still hold the first 20 "Years" to be the only
"true" gospel, though at least 4 years after were proven to have been
written by the Original Finnacan, while other groups believe they are
touched by the Finnacan spirit and have added chapters since.  All groups
agree that the 25th Chapter  is controversial):

"And many did gather in the month of April, and their names were called
Gwyneth, Korwyn, Dara, Irene, Rhiannon, Ian, and many others unnamed here.
And with Sir Koris Natterhelm did they meet, and began they together an
incipient shire where they abide. And then did they revel. Then did Sir
Koris speak the mundane name of the shire from last letter to the first, and
the people did rejoice saying, "This shall be the name of the shire and it
shall be called Namron!" (For they too were drunk) and this is called the
first Mystery."

You can find this and more of the History of Namron on our newly fully
accessible website!:  http://namron.ansteorra.org/history/prose_history.html

No, seriously, check it out.

-Muriel