[Namron] Songs of Namron?

bardessofthested at cox.net bardessofthested at cox.net
Sun Apr 29 00:31:42 PDT 2007

Hello Pooky!

I apologize for my late reply on the songs of Namron post, but I keep forgetting to check this mailbox for e-mails on the Namron Post, LOL!  (My last email address kept bumping posts, so I had to switch)

Anyway, you asked about songs written about our Fair Namron?  Well, I have one for you that I wrote in honor of Baroness Maleah and Baron Ulf's stepping down.  It goes as follows....

Fare Thee Well

Fare the well to my Baron and Baroness
Fare the well to the Namron Throne
Fare the well to the coronets and pageantry
But welcome to our arms!

There was a time when Namron hardly knew thee!
There was a time when all of it was new.
But when you came, upon us burst a blessing
And our love for you it grew!

Fare the well to my Baron and Baroness
Fare the well to the Namron Throne
Fare the well to the coronets and pageantry
But welcome to our arms!

Through all the years of burdens, strife and struggles
Through all the years of laughter life and love,
Through all the years, you never rued above us
True Sable Stars you have become!

Fare the well to my Baron and Baroness
Fare the well to the Namron Throne
Fare the well to the coronets and pageantry
But welcome to our arms!

Though you may go, you'll never truly leave us
Though you may go, and others take the throne
Though you may go, you'll always be a part of us
Namron will always be your home!

Fare the well to my Baron and Baroness
Fare the well to the Namron Throne
Fare the well to the coronets and pageantry
But welcome to our arms!

(last refrain sung slower)

So,fare the well to my Baron and Baroness
Fare the well to the Namron Throne
So, Fare the well to the coronets and pageantry
But welcome to our arms!

Lady Ailis Mareoun Haddock
Council Member of Clan Haddock
Fourth Titled Bard of Skorragardr
Deputy Minister of Children for the Barony of Namron