[Namron] e-mail scams (Off Topic)

Tausha Walker rentausha at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 08:18:51 PDT 2007

Greetings all,

  This is way off topic so I understand if you don't want to read this through. I was almost taken in by this so I just wanted to warn you.

  I have been reeiving e-mails from a so called "Mrs. Smith Marvis" with the Title "Dear Christian Friend", "God Bless You", etc. When you read the letter it sounds very legitimate and appeals to your good nature to help out. It really is just a variation of the Nigerian Advance funds scam that has been going around for years. The reason I was almost taken in by it is because I hadn't seen this particular e-mail until recently. The person claims to be recently widowed, to have "found the Lord" after she was widowed, to be in the hospital dying of cancer, and to want to help charities by giving the funds to a church.My first reaction was to delete it because I figured if it was legitimate, they would know that I am not an administrator in my church. My reaction to the second letter was to have second thoughts but to delete it anyway. My reaction this time was to e-mail the "attorney" back to find out what was going on. Luckily, I stopped before I did that and decided to see
 if it was a virus or something. :-) There's no virus attached to it, but I did find out for certain that it is a scam. http://419mail.blogspot.com/2006_10_30_archive.html is the webpage I finally managed to track it down on.

  Thousands of people have been taken in by this kind of scam and I would not want to see it happen to any of us. I know someone that was silly enough to actually fall for the Nigerian advance scheme. I would have fallen for this one if I hadn't decided that I did not want to risk sending an e-mail to a wierd address from my work computer.  Please all, be very careful about these kinds of things. This one is new enough to have not hit Snopes.com yet, but I am sending them a copy of it.

  Be blessed!

In Service I remain,
 H L Celeste Alienor Courtenay de Montmorency
 mka Tausha Walker