[Namron] Checking to see if everyone is ok...

Brad Stanley vortmax at cox.net
Sun Aug 19 13:41:44 PDT 2007

I would say we indeed had a tropical storm last night.  The Watonga
mesonet site observed sustained winds over 50 mph for almost 3 hours,
with gusts to 73 mph.  The "eye" moved right over OKC, however it was
weaker than it was over Watonga.  Most of the Barony was stuck inside
the main feeder band, resulting in torrential rains and occasional
gusts over 40 mph.  The Norman mesonet site observed over 5 inches in
8 hours.

An image and a link to a radar loop movie can be found on my blog at
http://tinyurl.com/25jlng .

Lord Thomas of Weathershear
m.k.a Brad Stanley
vortmax at cox.net
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
regard those who think alike than those who think differently."
    - Nietzsche
www.vortmax.us