[Namron] Namron's new Hospitaler

Brad Stanley vortmax at cox.net
Fri Feb 23 09:56:43 PST 2007

On Feb 23, 2007, at 9:23 AM, John Cole wrote:

> Thomas, was this perchance a letter to be for the whole of the
> barony, or mainly addressed to the senechal?

This letter was addressed to myself and their Excellencies.  I posted
it to the list because, well, words failed me after reading it.

Since we are a non-profit group, any official communication within
the organization is open to public review.  I believe in the
transparency of the Offices of the SCA.  Thus it is my understanding
that any communication between said offices are hereby open to the
public, especially when they regard the final decision of a higher
level officer regarding the appointment of a new officer to a local
group.

(*key OFF*)
Speaking as just another member of Namron, I'm incensed that Elodie
would presume to put Moonschadowe's values upon our beloved and, dare
I say it, long-lived Barony.  Namron is over 30 years young, while
Moonschadowe is barely even a year out of the proverbial womb.  Also,
Moonschadowe is a Province, not a Barony, and thus has a completely
different social and political structure.  And how dare she imply
that not only are we in desperate need of "younger more eccentric"
people (we're quite eccentric already, thank you), but that our
current membership is, to paraphrase, "old and busted."

With all due respect to what they have accomplished, I must state
that WE ARE NOT MOONSCHADOWE!  Nor do we wish to be!  We are THE
BARONY OF NAMRON!

*huff... puff...*

I'll calm down now.
(*key ON*)

I plan to write a private letter to Elodie, her superior, my
immediate superior, and the Crown (since Elodie implied their
complicity with her ideas by stating "The kingdom is making a
push ....") addressing Elodie's reasonings.  I will not post that
letter to the list.  However since I stated before that I believe in
the transparency of the office, I will gladly make a private copy to
those who request it.

p.s. - This is in no way critical of our new Hospitaler, who is both
young and quite eccentric.

---
Lord Thomas of Weathershear
Seneschal Namron