[Namron] Namron Pike and Halberd Practice This Sunday!

variglog at sbcglobal.net variglog at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 1 18:29:12 PDT 2007

Grim,

Have no fear, as I will try to round up some extra Pole Arms we can use to
practice with.  If you wish, swing by Lowe’s or Home Depot and pick up a 7
foot length of 1 ¼ “ pine round stock (if you can find ash, that’s even
better), trying to get as true a piece as possible.  Give it a quick sanding
and finish with the stain of your choice.  Then give her a few coats of Tung
Oil to finish and you will have a nice practice staff.

Eventually I would love to see a few more of the “Storm Spears” added to the
Baronial Arsenal to give at least 6 poles for Court and Drill.  A 6 person
drill team can turn out some really neat stuff.

I’ll spend some time Sunday and at future practices giving pointers on how
to find a nice Pike or Halberd, but beware collecting these things can
become addictive!  Being a Viking, you would lean towards a spear, and I’ve
seen some really nice Viking spears.

Wolfgang

“Namron Halberdiers!  Charge Outside Arms Mark!”

  _____