[Namron] Elizabeth: the Golden Age (DEMO OP)

Isobel de Kirkbryde kirkbryde at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 15:54:17 PDT 2007

Sami,

Mike said he thought  this sounded VERY interesting and I think I have a dress that will pass for Tudor/Elizabethan.  So, as said before, unless it's Protectorate weekend, count us in with bells on!!

Lady Isobel and Master Michael

Samarrah bint Annaan <samarrah_bint_annaan at yahoo.com> wrote:
 Greetings!

 This morning I spoke with Mr. Flemming, manager of Harkins Bricktown Theater, in regards to the upcoming sequel to the Movie ELIZABETH (starring Cate Blanchette).  The sequel, Elizabeth the Golden Age, is due out in October and WILL be playing at the Harkins Theater in Bricktown.

 Mr. Fleming would like for us to arrange a HIGH TUDOR/ELIZABETHAN demo for the premier, with perhaps even a "Royal Court" procession.  Mr. Fleming is a first Generation American Scott (his parents moved BACK to Scottland) who loves history and is a proficient bagpiper.  He is getting back to me on dates and such after he talks with "higher ups".  However, should we agree to the demo and procession he has requested that we be in Tudor or Elizabethan garb only.

 This might mean if you want to participate you might have to either get sewing, or get to borrowing garb for that event.  This may be a great way to feature the SCA and show off some of the pagentry and ornamentation we are capable of.

 If this works, it will be sometime in October.  If you'd like to participate and will committ to being Tudor or Elizabethan for this one demo, please get back to me and I'll get you on "the list".  Keep in mind, if we do well, there will probably be many more movies reflecting many more "eras" that we could do in the future.....so don't feel left out if you don't like to be trussed up like a Tudor Turkey.  It's just for one demo...we'll surely find a good Viking Flick sometime in the near future!!! (Just trying to keep my viking appeased in hopes I MIGHT be able to talk him into tights...lol)

 Anyways...let me know if this sounds like something you'd like to do

Lady Samarah Basimah Latifa al Dhakira bint Anaan bint Mellilah

God be with you in every pass. Jesus be with you on every hill. Spirit be with you in every stream, headland, ridge and law, each sea and land, each moor and meadow, lying down and rising up,in the trough of the waves or on the crest of the billow. Each step of the journey you go, go with God.