[Namron] Beltane Questions (garb)

Brad Stanley vortmax at cox.net
Fri Mar 9 13:35:40 PST 2007

On Mar 6, 2007, at 11:27 AM, Siren Song wrote:

> So then the rumors of fun and outlandish prints and fabrics in
> period fashion are not true? I Want to make sure before I make a
> fun outfit I have no where to wear. :( and I was looking forward to
> the silly side of garb too :)

I have seen many a Beltane where people bring out their more "fun"
garb.  But that does not mean that the garb is not historically
accurate.  Take Anya's "Moo-dor" dress as an example.  Her dress is
cowprint, yet it is a historically correct Tudor dress.  Also, the
use of animal prints can be documented during the 15th and 16th century.

So, you can be historically correct and a bit "outlandish" at the
same time.  :)

I believe that one should not wear the "fantasy" or "rennie" outfits
(no glittery flourescent taffeta puh-leeze!), however one should be
allowed to have a bit of fun in their garb selection at Beltane.

---
Lord Thomas of Weathershear
Seneschal Namron
(m.k.a. Brad Stanley)