[Namron] Beltane Questions (garb)

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Tue Mar 13 15:20:28 PDT 2007

Lord Thomas wrote:
> I have seen many a Beltane where people bring out their more "fun"
> garb.  But that does not mean that the garb is not historically
> accurate.  Take Anya's "Moo-dor" dress as an example.  Her dress is
> cowprint, yet it is a historically correct Tudor dress.  Also, the use
> of animal prints can be documented during the 15th and 16th century.
>

> So, you can be historically correct and a bit "outlandish" at the same
> time.  :)

Exactly.  In fact, history shows a number of times where people held
themed clothing parties or even what we would call costume parties.  It
can be fun to research a little.  Did you know that some Romans used to
put on blonde wigs and have "barbarian" parties?

At most events we try to dress in the more formal clothing for our
personae, but sometimes it is fun to see what the informal clothing for
our persona and station would be.

Just some thoughts...

Ulf