[Namron] Namron Ceremonial Pike Team!

Susan Adkins susanmomof2 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 14 12:40:44 PDT 2007

Willy is selling a boar spear that would be perfect for this :)
Agnese

variglog at sbcglobal.net wrote:          st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                      Anyone who knows me knows I have affection for the Pole Arm, a weapon that can be most effective on the battlefield.  But a Pike or Halberd makes a beautiful and impressive formal piece as well, proudly displayed and handled in ceremonial settings.  Just look to either side of Their Excellencies or Their Majesties at your next Court.  As I learn and perfect some of the Tudor era English Pike Drills, I would enjoy sharing this knowledge, and if there is enough interest, even form a Namron Ceremonial Pike Team.

  With Lord Terrance’s approval, perhaps we could have our first drills at Med Fair, where I would teach some fundamental moves.  And, of course, you need not be late English to participate.   Just come prepared to have fun and look good while doing so!

  If you have a Pole Arm between 6-8 feet long, excellent!  If not, all you need to do is make progress to Home Depot or Lowes and pick up a 7 foot piece of 1 ¼ inch pine round stock.  It’s back in the lumber department, and runs less than $2/foot (at least it did last time I looked).   Be sure it is reasonably “true,” and they will cut to length.  Just sand it smooth, and if you wish, you can stain and seal it.  That will be your practice pole.

  If we have enough interest to drill at Med Fair, please be sure any “live steel” is properly sheathed.

  If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please let me know.

  In Service
  Herr Wolfgang