[Namron] Beltane Questions (garb)

Isobel de Kirkbryde kirkbryde at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 16:13:38 PST 2007

Milord husband, Master Michael wore a short chemise of black with gold music notes on it to the last Beltaine Gamews.  He did it for fun and it was made to look like garb.  He wore it with his black and gold party color hand knitted tights - made by the HL Clair Margaret, his SCA boots, belt and pouches.  No one "dressed him down" over what he was wearing.

And, yes, I've seen garb made with frog fabric at Beltaine before.  There are some things which ARE period which people frequently think are not.  One example I can think of are florescent colors.

Just do a little research about what is period in your era, and then have fun.  It is, afterall, only a game.

Lady Isobel de Kirkbryde
Deputy Hospitaler, Barony of Namron
Guild Head of the Guild of St. Camillus de Lellis, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Member of Clann Lochlan
Member of Clann Haddock