[Namron] [Ansteorra] Spang Pattern on Beltane Website

sandra goodrich tgnst at swbell.net
Mon Mar 19 14:40:29 PDT 2007

Mistress Alix is Our Spanghewn Marshall, and is in charge of this competion for this years Beltain, and is already busy working on this years Spang crop for the hewing competition, anyone wishing to help can contact her prior to the event... Thank You Mistress Alix!
  Any one wanting to compete with a personal throwing frog can get with her anytime prior to the flinging to authorise said frogs, :-)...'Stacia  Co Steward

Maleah <baroness_maleah at cox.net> wrote:
  The spang pattern on the website is pretty much the same shape and size as
the one you are trying to demand that other people use. I know myself from
having been there that variations have been allowed, by Caitlin herself, as
long as they were reasonably close in size to all the others in use that
day. You demanding at this late date that they use the pattern that you
prefer over the one readily available on the website is discouraging people
from playing instead of encouraging them to do so. Why you are choosing to
make a mountain out of a mole hill is beyond me. You have not "hit a nerve",
I just fail to see why you are choosing to exclude people rather than
encourage their participation. Afterall, the current kingdom direction is
retention and recruitment. Exclusionism especially over something so trivial
seems to run exactly counter to that goal. Again, as long as they are they
are the same size and overall the same shape what does it matter?

Maleah