[Namron] Ulfie/Archery Pratice/Tribe

MagnusStrongAxe magnusstrongaxe at aol.com
Tue May 1 20:32:30 PDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Namron VScribe [mailto:namron_vscribe at ansteorra.org]
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2007 10:47 PM
To: Atchison, Traci (Card Services)
Cc: excellencies at namron.ansteorra.org; vortmax at cox.net
Subject: Re: ARCHERY PRACTICE

Traci wrote:
> We are holding Archery practice at Ace's house every monday night you can
> put that one the web if you want per Ace.  Same time it's always been from
> about 630pm until when ever.

Has Magnus had a massive change of heart?  As of a month ago he had been
quite public in not supporting the barony, even going so far as to post
those very words on the baronial mailing list.

If he has had some change of heart, he should contact Their Excellencies
or the Seneschal to work out these differences so everybody knows where
the lines are drawn and no one gets their feelings stepped on
(purposefully or accidently).

I really hate putting you in the middle on this, Traci.  It is simply
that, after so publicly rejecting helping the Barony, it would be
hypocritical to ask the Barony to help his projects.

Baron Ulf

Ulf,

You know I really don’t like being pulled in the middle of shit, and Doofie, if you think for one minute that I’m back sliding,
you’ve lost your ever loving mind.  I’m not the last four crowns.  I will not be manipulated and I can’t be lied to.
I will do nothing to support this barony.  Meaning, I will not volunteer for anything “baronial”!
I will not go set up tents for the baronial, will not cook feast, set up your list field, etc.  The list of things that I have stopped doing is long.
The list of things I haven’t stopped doing is even greater, like getting up at 2am in the morning to help someone set up
her tent because her husband won’t be there until 3 or 4 am in the morning,  taking my truck,  my chains, and my boys,
to go pull someone out of the mud who made the wrong turn; or to go back to the event on a Sunday afternoon to replace
an alternator so somebody can get back home to forth worth, helping teach the SCA populace, archery, leather work or
what ever anyone is interested in.  That has nothing to do with this barony it is for the “populace” as is our archery practice.
Not for the Barony, for the Populace.   It has everything to do with what we as Tribe have been doing all this time for everyone.
As for the archery practice, it’s been going on for years, it’s been official it’s been unofficial, I don’t know when you tried to
make it official again, I guess you made it official so you could send out this email.  Don’t know why you’d do that,
I thought it was clear, I will teach or help any participant of the SCA archery, leather working, armor building, fighting, etc;
in fact we’re about to start making moccasins in the next couple of weeks.

We have our “unofficial” fighter practice on Thursdays, and then the stuff that we do on the weekends.
Where do you come off, with “I’ve changed my mind” or that “I’m doing anything different” then what I’ve done all this time.
Are you just trying to pick a fight?  Bad idea.  I guess your going to have to figure out what the “barony” is and what the
participants (the populace) of this game are.  And I guess you need to sit down and redefine my role in that.
Helping you, the Kebbler elves,  or anything to do with the hollow tree, AHHHHH wrong answer not going to happen.
Thanks for playing we have some nice parting gifts.  But, anything I can do to uplift this game, the tribe, its affiliates,
and the players of this game (the Populace); for the game that I truly love more then anything else; is what I aim for.
I don’t want to get back online again.  My end of the game is in doing things, and not sitting on this computer writing stuff.
And to have to answer one of your emails makes it worse, because like always I don’t want to do word battle with a “bard”.
Nothing’s changed on my end Uflie, quit dragging me back to this computer.

Remember “unofficial” archery, training, bows, arrow making, up keep and practice are on Monday nights.
Tuesday Nights are at Buzz’s; do you have blow armor; need to make something new; want to work leather,
want to learn how to work leather and build armor come on  Tuesdays, everyone is welcome, Wednesdays I get to sleep.
Thursday nights are fighter practice....  “unofficial” fighter practice.
Friday’s we spend getting ready for what ever event we’re going to, and going we have been.  So I don’t see the problem.
But if there is a problem, maybe we need to go to the crown and get it straightened out.  Because on these points I am very clear,
I know my rights, and on these points I know what to say.  I’m just here to have fun and being pulled into a word game with you,
is not fun.

For anyone who needs directions to archery or buzz’s, please contact Traci (traciat at aol.com, 821-9119) or Me  326-7849.

Love and bullets

Ace.