[Namron] A Tentative Beltane Outline

sandra goodrich tgnst at swbell.net
Wed May 2 13:45:49 PDT 2007

"Magic moments often come with wet feet", Mistress Adelaide, OP...
  We are ready to play, wet damp or dry! It's Ansteorran Spring, so prepare accordingly, ;-)
  ...'Stacia, :-)   Co-Steward

      Greetings from Owen and 'Stacia, This is what we've got...
  Site opens at 4pm for the populace
  Gate at the Hall, Map and site rules posted at gate, park in the lot and sign in befor setting up, trash bags and butt cans available, personal pavilions will be set last as space allows by the games field
  Friday is set up, Beans with ham and cornbread in the Tavern
  (Their Excellency's are going to Open their Court in the Morning and recess rather than close Their Court, Winners of Games and Competitions will be acknowledged and rewarded
  throughout the day...)
  Dress of the Day should be comfortable and allow for play, :-), eating can occur whenever  the stomach says so... after the Tug- o -War  activities will begin to overlap and people may follow their interest...
  The idea is to keep things flowing and not bog down, as one thing ends, so begins another, Many things will overlap, HL Adena will be Our Mistress of Games, Listen for Her Voice and Bell throughout the Day, :-)...
  Saturday Wake-up call around 8am...
  Breakfast and Coffee at Tavern...
  There is not a set 'time schedule', activities will be cried in the main encampment and Hall, listen for announcements
  Morning Court--Opens with the May Pole, Choosing of May Queen and Spang Princess by lots, Presentation and Eating of Sun Cake, DandyLion, the Fairy King May have business, Tug of War Challenge-- groups of the region --single elimination...Recess Court...
  Titled Archery and Thrown Weapons Competitions pretty much all day at the field until they get tired of it... Titled Brewing and Titled Artisan Competitions in the Hall...
  Armor Inspections ongoing till Tug o War is over, but stragglers can still get in on the fighting dependent... The Dragon Challenge will take place on the games field after the Tug-o-War Challenge
  (The Quest will happen much of the weekend with Fairy being open from Friday Night). The Dragon stuff Will commence after some foo, the warriors will be drawn by lots of five to face the dragon, this is the only part of the quest with fighting and warriors do not have to actively participate in the rest of the quest, the Dragon will decide who they feel deserves their treasure and pick 5 DragonSlayers, the quest is ongoing  til someone solves the puzzle and gains the second chest of treasure...
  Other activities will include Wrestling, Rock, Spang Hewn, Possibly Boats, Caber Toss
  For the Children there will be Hobby Horse Races and a separate Spang Hewn...
  Volunteer Point will be open, tickets will be given for a Volunteer raffle, tickets pulled Sat night, all in the Hall
  The Tavern will be open all day, people may lunch and sup as they will, water and gatoraid available to all (no formal waterbearing)
  Evening Court.( Awards and Champions) after We run out of games and such or when We're told so, Our Crown's and TE's Supper in the Hall after Court, Tie up the quest...
  Titled Bardic in the Hall
  Tavern open till we run out of stuff, People may bring games and gamble, eat and visit in the hall...
  Frolicking etc in front of the hall,  Quiet down at 3am, keep noise levels within the deal-able range, :-)...
  Sunday, wake up, eat leftovers if any, clean up, be off site by Noon...
  That's pretty much the Scenario for the week-end...'Stacia