[Namron] Namron Pike and Halberd Practice This Sunday!

variglog at sbcglobal.net variglog at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 31 21:19:58 PDT 2007

For those who are interested, I wish to begin practice for the Namron Pike
and Halberd Squad at this Sunday's fighter practice, 2 pm at Reaves Park.
My goal is to lay groundwork for a ceremonial division of the Namron Guard
that is proficient in basic maneuvers with Pole Arms, as well as teach an
appreciation for these beautiful weapons.

If you have a Pike, Halberd, Spear, Quarterstaff or even a 6-8 foot section
of 1 1/4 " wood round stock, please bring it with you.  If not, have no fear
as I will try to round up some loaner Poles.  I look for this first
gathering to be more of a "ground school," with an overview of the Pole Arm
as well as what we hope to accomplish.  And if it rains, we can meet under
the big Pavilion, unless fighter practice is scrubbed.

Imagine the fun of standing proudly behind the chairs at Court, or even
doing a simple drill routine for an audience.

If you have any questions, pleased give me a ring at 360.4150.

I look forward to seeing you Sunday.

Wolfgang