[Namron] Clarification of Independance Events

Samarrah bint Annaan samarrah_bint_annaan at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 12:41:55 PDT 2007

In regards to my earlier report of GOOD news in Kuhneigen, please let me simplify and clarify some things for those with questions about our Independence Day gathering on the last weekend of June.

  1.  This is NOT....I repeat NOT a formal, recognized, official SCA Event.

  2.  This IS our family fourth of July party that many of you have come to know and love with some added activities for ENHANCEMENT (cept we're holding it the weekend BEFORE the fourth) This gathering is located IN Kuhneigen, but it's a Bjornsstead party.  Capice?

  3.  This is a PRIMITIVE site, but camping is welcome.  You may want to bring your own camp shower this time however....and remember, it's been a wet year so bring your mosquito and tick repellent.  And we're trying to get an idea of costs for porta johns...but I'm not making any promises.....lol.

  4.  THERE IS NO SITE FEE!  Bjorn and I are not renting out our farm and we don't want your money.  If you want to give money to someone donate it to Kuhneigen so that Kuhneigen can grow and have a chance to do official stuff in the future. (and maybe even make portable showers and privies for us all to use at events...just an idea we're flirting with)

  5.  Our farm will be open to campers that entire weekend Friday through Sunday.  Bring your tents and fire pits.  Please don't build a ground fire.  Baring any fireban we'll have the bonfire up at the house and there is ONE fire ring that can be used down by the pond.  Otherwise bring a portable fire stand.

  6..  I don't want to cook all day, so if any group wants to run a tavern during the day to either make some money for themselves or to  make money for their barony or canton or household, send me a letter with what you want to do and I'll consider it VERY SERIOUSLY!

  7.  Although I don't want to cook during the day, we WILL have a barbecue grill running and pot luck that night for the fireworks.  The more the merrier.

  8.  Site is wet, just be responsible and clean up all your empties and trash please.

  9.  Bjorn and Terrence are scaring up some unofficial activities for the fighters, so bring your gear...but unofficial or not, there WILL be a gear check by the fighter marshall.

  10.  I'd like to have some other competitions with the winners being chosen either by our B&B if they can attend or by ballot box.  I'm gonna figure out prizes, and if someone wants to donate a prize they are welcome to do so.  We aren't official, so this ain't fancy...it's all just for fun.  Since I'm the Host I'm not competing...I just want ya'll to have fun.

  11.  Fishing and boating is welcome, and swiming in the pond...but you do so at your own risk.  Smalls must be accompanied by an adult at all times, naturally.

  12.  You know how lots of you live in towns and you can't set off fireworks?  Hee hee hee...you can at Bjornsstead!  Bring a trunkload and we'll lite up the country sky!  No worries at all...unless there's another cotton picken burn ban.....sheesh. I sure hope all this rain prevents a burn ban.

  13.  Bjorn says to remind that we don't set off the fireworks willy nilly.  He'll organize with a few of you to set them off using our 5 morter tubes and steel platform on the gravel are near the house.  Safety First!!

  14.  The fighting event schedule will be posted when Bjorn and Terry get it done and get it to me.  LOL.  The other stuff, well we'll get all that figured out by the time ya'll get here...hee hee...

  15.  Lastly, let me remind you again...THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SCA Event.  It's a Super Sized version of our Family Fourth of July Party.  Considering all the extra stuff it would be cool if you garbed, but considering the Heat of the Summer, I'm not gonna throw a fit if you don't.  We just wanna hang with all ya'll and enjoy the weekend!

  Love and hugs to everyone

  Sami & Bjorn.

Lady Samarah Basimah Latifa al Dhakira bint Anaan bint Mellilah

God be with you in every pass. Jesus be with you on every hill. Spirit be with you in every stream, headland, ridge and law, each sea and land, each moor and meadow, lying down and rising up,in the trough of the waves or on the crest of the billow. Each step of the journey you go, go with God.