[Namron] Ulfie/Archery Pratice/Tribe

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Wed May 2 00:44:04 PDT 2007

MagnusStrongAxe wrote:
> You know I really don’t like being pulled in the middle of shit,

Traci said the request came "per Ace" to put your archery practice on
the baronial website.  If her request really did not come per you, then
you have my apologies.

> I will do nothing to support this barony.  Meaning, I will not
> volunteer for anything “baronial”!

Your decision.  Understand the normal human consequences of such a
strong political stance is "the barony" not supporting you or
volunteering for your stuff.  That is all that has happened here.

> As for the archery practice, it’s been going on for years, it’s been
> official it’s been unofficial, I don’t know when you tried to
> make it official again, I guess you made it official so you could send
> out this email.  Don’t know why you’d do that,

No.  We don't have an official practice at the moment.  This is only in
response to a request to put your practice on the web.  I denied the
request for reasons stated.

> I thought it was clear, I will teach or help any participant of the
> SCA archery, leather working, armor building, fighting, etc;

Glad to hear that.  People can learn a lot from you.

> Where do you come off, with “I’ve changed my mind” or that “I’m doing
> anything different” then what I’ve done all this time.
>
> Are you just trying to pick a fight?

I didn't say you did those things.  I asked if you had done them.
Picking a fight is posting someone else's email to the mailing list and
there jumping on their responder.

> And to have to answer one of your emails makes it worse, because like
> always I don’t want to do word battle with a “bard”.

I know and respect that.  You could take me on the list field with a
feather duster even if I had two swords and someone to hold my shield
for me.  In word battles, it is reversed.  I've reread this email a few
times to make sure I'm not taking too much of an advantage in this
arena, and all I see are two quips and one prod that is repeated once.
The quips are mild, even.  I want this to end as a conversation, not an
argument, and hopefully with this email.

> Nothing’s changed on my end Uflie, quit dragging me back to this
> computer.

The email you posted was sent by me to Traci.  Putting it on this list
and responding to it was your choice and prompted by no action of mine.
Go enjoy the S.C.A. the way you want and bring a little joy into your
life and those around you.

Regards,
Ulfie