[Namron] Queen's Champion

Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair donnchadh at cornelius.norman.ok.us
Mon Nov 19 08:40:42 PST 2007

Good Barony of Namron,

As I am sure many of you have heard, our future Queen is our own beloved
Vanessa de Verona.  On January 25 - 27, she will need an event to decide
on her champion.  So far as I know (and I could be wrong), the Kingdom
had not as of this time received any bids.  Due to the need to get the
event listed in the next Black Star, they have set a deadline of the end
of the week for event bids.

The important questions to you are:  Is this something the Barony wants
to undertake?  Are there people who are willing to step forward and
steward the event?  Are there a good number of people who are willing to
undertake the work necessary to put on a Kingdom event like this on such
a short time frame?

If the answer to these questions are yes, then the works starts, and we
will need to answer a number of other logistical questions.  The most
important of these and the one that requires the most lead time is the
site location.  I know that January Queen's Champions have been held as
camping events when they are done down south, but I am afraid that our
northern weather may not be so nice.  I am looking into Camp E-Ko-Wah to
see if they are available in case we do decide to go with a camping
event.  I would also ask that if anyone knows of a large indoor site
that would accommodate an indoor rapier list field with seating around
it, please post it to the list.  If it has a kitchen, then even better.

There is no doubt in my mind that Namron has both the resources and,
more importantly, the people to pull off an event such as this in
spectacular fashion, even given the time constraints.  I await your
answer good people.  Should we do this?

In Service to Crown and Kingdom,
Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair
Baron of Namron