[Namron] Namron Digest, Vol 17, Issue 9

Lord Pooky lord_pooky at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 6 17:57:28 PDT 2007

See this is one of the things that I love about the SCA. (it often seems to work outside of this realm as well) I shall read verbatim, from a psychiatric glossary that was compiled from a DSM-III (yes 3!) based mode of thinking and understanding circa 1969 format,  ahem... Magical Thinking: A person's conviction that thinking equates with doing. [this] Occurs in dreams, in children and primitive peoples, [Pooky raises paw] and in patients under a variety of conditions. [Pooky puts paw down] Characterized by lack of realistic relationship between cause and effect. So that said, I think it's neat when one person can think of something to do, someone else can recognize it as a viable activity, and then a host of people can make it all come to fruition. (even if someone has to get starved out in the process) Good morning, Pooky now off to find coffee and consciousness

[ typing of email began at 5:40-5:43am; found in drafts just now]

Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 06:12:00 -0700From: daig73 at yahoo.comTo: namron at lists.ansteorra.orgSubject: Re: [Namron] Namron Digest, Vol 17, Issue 9I happen to be in close personal contact with the Knights Marshal for Eldern Hills. Meaning, I can starve him into doing my bidding!! LOL Would you like me to introduce this idea as a part of the scheduled melees at Samhain? I am sure he would enjoy such a quest, as well.In service,Lady Marguerite la Chanvierre
John Yates wrote:Greetings!How about working that into an event idea, for afighting scenario?ValMessage: 4Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 22:36:57 -0700 (PDT)From: John Yates Subject: Re: [Namron] Arrows and every...Chupacabra!To: Barony of Namron Mailing List Message-ID: <479853.1169.qm at web51111.mail.re2.yahoo.com>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1Or, have it as a quest to go after the wily anddangerous beast..make them some of the bestfighters..and limit the 'hunters' to a more limitedchoice of weapons.Maybe arond Halloween..my birthday, by the way! :)I'd also love to see us do soem figting with carvedpumpkins over the helms, I've seen pics of that typeof SCA fighting before..would be most cool arondHalloweeen :)Val