[Namron] a wild and hare brained idea of mine...

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Mon Sep 17 06:58:12 PDT 2007

So the conversation on the Ansteorra list about the oral vs visual history of
the SCA got me thinking. . .

There's a lot of stories out there - of special events, special moments,
special people that inspired you, or made folks think, 'This is what the Dream
is made of.'   (JP, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to sit down with you at
Triumphe and hear the tale you mentioned..)

What I would like to do for the remainder of the year, is bring a tape recorder
to events. I would like to sit down with people who are willing to share
stories about those moments, or heroes or courts. I'd like to record them, then
transcribe them, and post them. I'd like to preserve them, so that folks who
are in the furthest reaches of Ansteorra, who weren't there, didn't see, didn't
meet, didn't witness, and will never likely meet anyone who DID.... can read
those words, and feel more connected to our Kingdom's history.

Anyone willing to take 20 minutes out of their event, and tell me a story? :)

I'll be at Protectorate, Fair of the Harvest, wInterKingdom, and Yule...

-Zubeydah